Open Call for Articles
The Muslim Alliance in North America is requesting articles of any length written by Muslims of all ages in the subject areas listed below. The articles will be shared with MANA readers via our monthly e-Newsletter and website. Please include a title for all articles and a writer’s bio of 50 words or less. Your byline and bio will be published with your article. Our monthly newsletter is sent to over 7000 recipients.
Article Categories and Objectives:
- Community Building—to provide in-depth reports and analysis of the work of masjids and individuals that can serve as a “best practice” model and example for others; to provide how-to articles for building community programs and infrastructure.
- Muslim News—to offer investigative-type reporting of developments and events within the Muslim community in America as well as the Muslim world; to interview significant Muslim personalities.
- Analysis of America—to analyze the cultural, political and economic trends and events in America; to focus in particular on the issues of poverty, racism and popular culture especially young African-American culture.
- Islamic Knowledge—to further the understanding of Islam; to discuss Islamic issues that affect Muslims from a balanced perspective of al-sunnah wa al-jamaa’ah (those who adhere to the Sunnah and who unite upon it), offering as much as possible the various legitimate scholarly points of view on each issue; to set standards of knowledge especially for newer Muslims, but also for other Muslims who are constantly learning and growing in the deen.
- Muslim History and Islam in America—to write on the history of Muslims in America and analysis of the phenomena of Islam in America.
- Self-Improvement and Health—to give advice, based on the principles of Quran and Sunnah, on improving the quality of life for an individual and a family; to give advice on health eating and living
- Women in Islam—to highlight the contributions of women in Islamic history, to provide critical analysis and viewpoint from a woman’s perspective about Islamic life, knowledge and practices, to highlight the role of women in Islam according to Qur’an and sunnah.
- Muslim Youth—to hear from Muslim Youth about life in the deen, including the rewards and real life struggles and solutions, as well innovative goals and projects that young Muslims are involved with. To give voice to Muslim youth and encourage the next generation of faithful Muslim leaders (women and men)
- Dawah—to explain Islam to non-Muslims
- Events—cover MANA and other Muslim community events
- Book Reviews—review of books by or about Muslims and Islam