Imam Training and Masjid Development
Facts About Inner-city Masjids
Components of this MANA Initiative
- 65% of African American masjids have a budget under $20,000
- Only 5% of African American masjids have any paid staff
- Only 3% of African American Imams have any formal training in Islam
- African American masjids are more active than immigrant masjids in social and community service
- Develop guidelines and best practice models for masjids and imams.
- Conduct one Leadership Training Programs focused on the role of the masjid/Imam and masjid management.
- Organizing committee for an Imam and Scholars Council has been formed.